Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

After admitting myself to the E.R. for kidney stones, I am left with bills of over 4000 dollars here in the state of Kentucky and I have no insurance and no income. What should my course of action be?

Asked on 9/07/11, 4:47 pm

2 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

You should start by talking to financial services at the hospital about getting your bills written off. Since you have no income, and if you have no assets to garnish, it does no good for them to pursue a judgment against you. Most hospitals have programs to assist those most financially vulnerable. At the very least, they might reduce your debt, and set up a payment plan.

Read more
Answered on 9/08/11, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky