Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kentucky

Placing a lien on property

i paid off the 2nd mortgage for my brother in law on property that he was paying on. The amnt. I paid is $20,000. He hasn't paid me back one dime in over 4 yr. The only way i know how i can get my money is to file a lien against him for the amnt. I paid. How does one go about filing a lien in louisville, ky.?

Asked on 4/29/09, 1:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

E. Brian Davis Davis Law Office

Re: Placing a lien on property

In order to be able to file a lien against real property (land) in Kentucky, you will need to sue your brother, win, and then use the judgment of the court to create a lien against the property. Because of the amount of the debt owed in this case ($20,000), your suit must be filed in Jefferson Circuit Court.

Read more
Answered on 4/29/09, 2:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kentucky