Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

In 1992 I was convicted of TBUT over $300, a class D felony in Kentucky. I made restitution, probated 2 yrs....lost civil and gun rights....4 yrs ago, Governor reinstated civil rights but not gun rights.... In 2009 KY legislature increased TBUT to $500 as a class D felony. Do I have any recourse in getting felony conviction reduced to misdemeanor since the amt. has been increased?

Asked on 1/31/13, 8:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

If it was a felony at the time you were convicted, you are still considered a felon.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/13, 5:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky