Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kentucky

My son has a bench warrant for failing to appear in court, over a misdemeanor. If he were to show up, would he be arrested, or can he pay the fines, court cots etc. The misdemeanor is not paying a fine from 1999, when he was stopped for a broken tail light. He was held , until I came to get him out, last year.

Asked on 1/16/17, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Morrin Morrin Law Office

He will need to have the warrant set aside and redocket his case. Otherwise you are risking his arrest. Please let me know if you would like my office to assist you: 859-358-0300.

Thank you,

Read more
Answered on 1/16/17, 10:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kentucky