Legal Question in Discrimination Law in Kentucky


the lady next door has been harassing my 12 yr. old daughter shes called the police on her so many times for stupid things that my daughter didn't even do. She even went and put an warrant on my child and the judge put her on house arrest (with the watch) intil our next court date my child missed her family reunion 4th of july and other plans we had for this month just because this lady has lied on her. Can i sue her because i lost a lot of money plus the judge told me i have to have a lawyer when i come back thats more money i have to pay

Asked on 7/21/09, 8:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Nesmith Dunlap & Nesmith, LLC

Re: harassment

If the neighbor is not intentionally lying--is telling what she believes to be true-- there isn't much you can do to stop her from filing police reports.

Your neighbor cannot "put a warrant" on your child; that decision is made by a judge based upon information given to him.

If you can't afford a lawyer, the internet is a poor substitute, so go see Legal Aid ( I know there is some sort of Legal Aid in Louisville)or ask the judge to appoint a public defender.

But so far, I don't see anything you can sue your neighbor for, unless your daughter is found not guilty of everything.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/09, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in Kentucky