Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Kentucky

My roommate moved out of the apartment without waiting for our lease to expire. She is not paying her part and her name is on the contract. I am planning to sue her and I have tried to contact her and ask her to pay her part. Her husband is a lawyer that threatened me with an offensive letter after I contacted her. He asked for all the communication to go through him because he is representing her. Can he represent her in court if he has personal interest in this case by being her husband? Can I send her an official letter with the details before I take her to court or I have to send it through him? I do not want to contact her lawyer because he has been offensive to me.


Asked on 1/26/13, 6:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

Yes, he can represent her. Send him the demand letter, not her, but when you sue her, serve her not him.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/13, 5:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Kentucky