Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kentucky

Do I have the right to have a phone hearing that otherwise it would be too much of a hardship to travel to the court hearing site to be present in person? I reside in North Carolina and my hearing is in Kentucky for an incident that occurred in Kentucky, of course. The nature of the offense is lack of car registration.

Thank you for your advice.

Asked on 6/10/11, 7:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrea Welker Welker Law Office

No, you don't.

I would recommend you contact the county attorney's office and ask what your options are. Generally for things like not having proof of insurance or car registration, if you have it, (and just didn't have it with you at the time you were pulled over) you can just mail in proof to the clerk's office, and don't need to make a court appearance.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/11, 8:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kentucky