Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My childs dad isnt on the birth certificate and he wants to bring my child 1000 miles away when i dont even know where he lives. Can he just not bring my child back?

Asked on 12/10/19, 1:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

Is there a court order giving you custody? If so, not returning the child is federal kidnapping. If there is no order, contact a lawyer and file suit to get one before you let him go anywhere with the child.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/19, 5:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana