Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I am having a issue with a family member after the death of our parent.I lived with my mother and cared for her unitl her death 2 months ago.It is 4 surviving children.My sisters want me to stay in the house but my brother is having the issue.Im continuing the mortage payments and maintaing utilities and maintainence as well.My brother has threatened my sisters myself and my kids.To the point there was a pyhsical confrontation.I want to know what my options are because he is threatening to leave his home with his wife and move in the house where i live with my kids.My kids are afraid for there safety.

Asked on 6/01/19, 3:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

The siblings who are not this brother need to hire a lawyer and open the succession (estate). You need a legal conclusion.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/19, 8:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana