Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana


I asked if it was feasable to go through the court system to receive child suppport whrn my soon to be ex works through the union. He is placed at different plants for a few weeks at a time per each jib. He make no less than 18 to 20 dollars oper hour working 7 12s for that particular job however long lasting. However once the job is ended he will be placed on a waiting list for the next plant however long the wait may be 2 days to 3 weeks before the next job. Is it feasable to try and set it up through the courts since he is not regular and how will would it work?

Asked on 12/10/07, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nick Pizzolatto, Jr. Pizzolatto Law Office

Re: Enforcement

Yes it is possible. He will be court ordered to submit his new job status every time he starts a new job. Based on his yearly tax return, a fair amount can be calculated for him to pay each month. Call your local support enforcement office and they can do it, or hire a private attorney for more personal service.

Read more
Answered on 12/10/07, 3:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana