Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

My husband and I were divorced in Louisiana. At the time we both resided in Louisiana and I am the custodial parent of our now 14-year old daughter. In the original court papers, we share visitation every other weekend and he gets extended visitation during the summer. My ex husband moved away to New Jersey voluntarily. My daughter does not and I repeat does not want to travel to New Jersey. What are the laws with regard to visitation since he has moved from Louisiana to New Jersey.

Asked on 10/04/16, 1:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Louque The Louque Law Firm, L.L.C.

Until you get another court order, he is entitled to whatever is court ordered. Your daughter does not and I repeat does not get to decide whether she goes visit her father or not.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/16, 7:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana