Legal Question in Family Law in Louisiana

I have twin boys (12 yrs). My ex and I were never married and have never been to court. He has kept the boys because he had a more stable environment. Things have changed and now my life is also stable. But he has had so much control that over time he has continually shortened my visitation, I must say he is a narcissist and is now making it next to impossible for me to see my children. This not only is affecting me but my family as well as my mother has always been a big part of their lives. He is steadily shortening our time together. What should I do.

Asked on 6/13/17, 9:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Casanave Andrew M. Casanave

File suit in court, in the parish where the boys live, to request joint custody and scheduled visitation. Don't be surprised if he counters demanding child support payments.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/17, 3:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Louisiana