Legal Question in Personal Injury in Louisiana

What type of lawyer handles civil suits for damages caused by filing a false police report and defamation of character?

Asked on 3/15/14, 2:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

Most civil attorneys who deal with things like accidents and personal injuries would also handle defamation cases. They may not handle them the same way as auto accident cases, however, meaning you may have to pay your attorney's fees up front, because insurance won't cover the claim and the chance of recovery may be low. So, unless the person who defamed you is very rich or was in the course and scope of employment with a company that has sufficient assets, you may have a difficult time recovering any judgment. Most civil attorneys, like me, will evaluate your case at no cost, though, and let you know if they think you have a case, how the financing could be structured, etc.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/14, 8:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Louisiana