Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Louisiana

I purchased a house as a foreclosure. Come to find out it was the neighbors grandson took a loan out on the house and lost it. Now she got the property surveyed saying that its two feet on her property and it needs to be moved off. She gave them permission. To put it there ten plus years ago, now that it got foreclosed she say I have to move it off. She called the cops and I can't touch that side of my house because its "on her property"what do I do? How does this work? I can't afford a attorney.

Asked on 5/05/16, 10:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Adam Lambert The Law Office of Adam S. Lambert

You need to file a petitory action, or what is also commonly called a "boundary despute" action. Legally, you don't need an attorney to do it. Realistically, you absolutely need an attorney to do it. It may also require the services of an expert surveyor. It is not cheap or easy litigation.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/16, 6:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Louisiana