Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Maine

I signed a purchase and sale agreement to buy a house. The seller just told me they are selling the house to another person who offered more money for the house. what are my remedies?

Asked on 3/15/16, 2:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliott Teel Teel Law Office

If the seller signed the purchase and sale agreement you provided, then your are in a legally binding contract with them. Your remedy is to force the sale to you (you can demand strict performance of the contact). You should make sure you continue to meet any of your obligations under the contract so they can't claim you breached the contract.

Feel free to contact my office for assistance with this matter.

Read more
Answered on 3/15/16, 3:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Maine