Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

My uncle in New York has died without a Will. There is a bank account with a fair amount of money in it. There are three of us that can apply for Letters of Administration. Can we have a lawyer be the Administrator. None of us live in New York.

Asked on 1/21/18, 4:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Cedulie Laumann Arden Law Firm, LLC

You'll want to ask this question of a New York attorney rather than a Maryland one. (In Maryland it is common for lawyers to be appointed personal representative but the laws vary from state to state).

Read more
Answered on 1/23/18, 3:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland