Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Maryland

If a will has been filed with the court and a administrator has been given the legal write to administer the estate and someone has taken property between the time of death and the time the court recognizes the administrator can you file charges with the police for stolen property? How can the administrator get the property back if the person says it was given to them?

Asked on 9/27/10, 3:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

The administrator can sue the person who took the property for its return or its value.

Also Licensed and Practicing in Maryland

300 E. Lombard Street

Suite 840

Baltimore, Maryland

Read more
Answered on 10/03/10, 2:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Maryland