Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

If I believe, based on the way my divorce agreement reads, that I am no longer obligated to pay child support for one of my children...what should I do? I do not have a divorce attorney nor did I have one during the divorce proceedings. My ex-wife was represented by an attorney for the whole process...I was not due to the fact that I couldn't afford one.

Thank you

Asked on 1/16/19, 10:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

If you feel you no longer owe child support, you need to file a complaint for modification. If you simply stop paying, you risk being on the other end of a complaint for contempt.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/19, 4:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts