Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My husband has a Court ordered visitation with the kids every other Friday at 5:00 pm to Sunday 7:00 pm. He has been telling the children to report to the school that they are being abused, I am a psychopath and that they are afraid of me. He has turned my children against me. DCF conduct numerous investigations and found nothing. He has also called DCF telling them that I am a “Psychopath”. I have several letters from DCF stating that they believe that the father is behind this. What are my rights? He has written letters (I have the letters) to several people defaming me and saying inflammatory and derogatory statements that are not true about me. I want full sole legal custody. What can I do?

Asked on 10/24/17, 9:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

You can file a modification action to change the visitation. I suggest that you ask for supervised visitation at his expense rather than to stop all contact between father and children.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/17, 9:19 am

File a Motion to change visitation and ask for an investigation of DCF on his behavior in trying to malign you and destroy your relationship with your children. I would recommend hiring legal counsel to assist you.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/17, 9:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts