Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

in massachusetts, if a person dies with no next of kin, who can claim the body and arrange burial?

Asked on 6/06/11, 5:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Ornell Ornell Law Office P.C.

Any person next of kin or otherwise can petition the court to be appointed administrator over ones estate. Once appointed the administer can claim the body and arrange burial.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/11, 1:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts