Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts


my son is 15yrs old and has been living full time with me for 2yrs. My ex has custody but sent him to live with me full time, I wish to move from massachuttes to va and my son wants to come with me he has difficulties with his mother and step father, is a child able to decide which parent he wants to live with before his 18th birthday?

Asked on 9/18/01, 8:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Re: Relocation

You need permission of a court or the other parent to remove a child from Massachusetts after a divorce.

Read more
Answered on 11/06/01, 8:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts