Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

My ex told me I can have full custody when she moves within the next 6-8 months. Should I go after it now since she isn’t sure of her plan yet and I’m stuck in a holding power. I have messages from her saying she doesn’t want the kids to go with her and they should stay with me since she is wanting to find herself. Mind you she fought me hard during the divorce for not having 50/50 then a week after she throws this at me.

Asked on 3/02/22, 7:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

You should fill out the paperwork for a joint petition to modify the divorce agreement. Put in the change of custody effective when your ex moves from her current residence. Once you have all the paperwork completed you will present it to your ex to execute. Explain that you need to have the paperwork approved by the court before the move and that it is expected to take come time.

Read more
Answered on 3/02/22, 7:41 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts