Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts

wife pregnant with other mans baby, custody?

my wife had affair and got pregnant. we had been physically seperated for 3 years but no legal seperation. now that she is pregnant, we want to raise the child together, and do not want the biological father as part of childs life. do we need to take any legal action to achieve this?

Asked on 8/06/01, 10:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Re: wife pregnant with other mans baby, custody?

You would have to adopt the child. I don't recommend this as it will obligate you to

pay child support until the child is emancipated. Since your marriage appears to be

in danger of divorce, you could end up supporting this child under very difficult


Read more
Answered on 8/08/01, 9:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts