Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

I fell on Ice while working, and had to have my hip replaced. I received a letter saying my position will no longer being held for me. I understand the law, but my employer knew that the recovery would take more than 12 weeks. Should I file a claim for falling on ice that was not treated?

Thank you!

Asked on 5/09/17, 6:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Not exactly sure your situation. It should not make any difference whether the ice was or was not treated, WC is no fault so you should be paid your wages and have your treatment paid for by WC. Not sure what law you understand, but it is pretty solid you can't sue your employer so long as they have WC insurance. But yes go ahead and file a claim, what could possibly go wrong. Or you could hire a lawyer. Best luck. JBS

Read more
Answered on 5/09/17, 10:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts