Legal Question in Personal Injury in Massachusetts

I am in Massachusetts and suffered injury from a car accident in dec 2013. What do I have to do now that I have decided to sue and it is close to the 3-year statute? The other insurance company has never contacted me except for one letter a couple years ago. D I have to have all my information available or am I actually out of luck because I waited so long to decide to sue?

Asked on 10/10/16, 12:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You can probably sue but if you are doing so without an attorney you will likely have difficulty. There are plenty of attorneys that would want to take a quick look at your case and if it is viable then they would agree to represent you. If your case is not viable or the amount of work vs. the amount of recovery for that work is not worth it then you would be out of luck. If you gather certified copies of all your medical treatment records and bills, the police report, photographs and other items yourself you might have better luck getting a lawyer interested. Best luck. Regards, JBS

Read more
Answered on 10/11/16, 7:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Massachusetts