Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Massachusetts

Have a deceased family member only assets are in a condo. Can this property be sold while in probate?

Asked on 4/04/11, 6:47 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Denise Leydon Harvey Harvey Law Offices

You would likely need to get a license to sell the condo from the probate court involved. It is easiest to get this allowed without an adversarial hearing if you have the assents of all the heirs.

Please let me know if I can assist you with this - ,

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 6:50 am
Christopher Vaughn-Martel Charles River Law Partners, LLC

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

The property can be sold in probate, as attorney Harvey has suggested. My advice would be to retain an attorney to assist you in this process to protect yourself from liability and the potential claims of other heirs.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/11, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Massachusetts