Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I have sole custody of my 2 children. The mother has not have contact in 3 years, because they were taken out of her home for sexual abuse and neglect. She recently filed for parenting time. How can I prevent that?

Asked on 2/01/10, 2:04 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Heather Bendure Bendure & King, PLLC

You need to respond to the Request by opposing it and explaining why. Ideally, you should hire a family law attorney to help you with this. He or she will know how to file. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/10, 7:00 am

Your attorney should understand the applicable standard for parenting time. She / he will be able to file an appropriate response to the parenting time motion.

Read more
Answered on 2/06/10, 7:01 am
Stuart Collis Collis, Griffor & Hendra, PC

You need to respond to the request and appear for all court hearings. An experienced attorney should be able to help you in this very important stage of yours and your children's lives. http:://

Read more
Answered on 2/06/10, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan