Legal Question in Criminal Law in Michigan

About four years ago my boyfriend at the time had punched me and broke my tooth, stupidly I didn't call the police, but now my tooth fell all the way out and I'm getting it fixed. Would it be possible to sue him for the costs of fixing my tooth? And he actually has court next week for a domestic violence case, since I finally went to the police the last time he abused me, could I let the police know about the incident with my tooth to help make sure he gets the punishment he deserves instead of a slap on the worst when he gets sentenced?

Asked on 8/11/17, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek The Kronzek Firm PLC

You can tell the prosecuting attorney about the abuser's violence toward you. There are strict time limits for filing lawsuits. Speak to a personal injury lawyer in your area about your tooth.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/17, 7:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Michigan