Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

My husband and I live in Michigan. We are filing for divorce and have one child conceived and born before we were married. Can we file the 60-day divorce without minor child since our child was technically nonmarital?

Asked on 7/14/15, 2:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

You cannot file the 60 day divorce. However, you should have an experienced family law attorney represent you to do the divorce properly. Too many people are foolish and try to navigate the court system on their own. Bad mistake now and later.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/15, 2:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan