Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I have been married for 2 years we live in his home that he had previously before we were married. His name is only on the title of the house. neither one of us has a will written out. if he were to suddenly die would the house and all the household goods go to his children only? what would I be entitled? to

Asked on 6/13/15, 1:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

Under state law without a will, you would get the first $250,000 then 1/2 of assets beyond that. An estate plan would be vital in this circumstances.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/15, 10:19 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan