Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Moving out of state with children

My wife and I are planning to move out of state. We have four kids two have which come from seperate fathers. The fathers have not seen thier kids in years nor tried. One of them pays child support the other does not. One lives near the other lives out of state.

My question is can we move without taking it to the courts. How do we get a contract notarized by the father living near, and does it have to be notarized. My wife and my childrens' fathers were never married.

Asked on 7/09/09, 2:37 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: Moving out of state with children

You should meet with an experienced family law attorney to review all of the existing court orders. If a court order needs to be modified, the attorney will know that after reviewing the documents. You should not move minor children out of state without speaking with a family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/09/09, 2:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan