Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

getting a green card

My daughter had a son by and illegal alien living here in the US. He wants to be legal. They have been living like a family for over 2 years now. What steps does he need to take to get his green card and stay in the US without moving back to Mexico.

Asked on 5/01/07, 3:43 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC

Re: getting a green card

Not sure he can. The baby is American by birth, but that doesn't give him any extra rights.

Consult an immigration attorney to find out about your particular case.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/07, 3:01 pm
Brian Casterline Law Office of Brian C. Casterline

Re: getting a green card

I hate to sound like a lawyer but the answer to your question is that it all depends. Is your daughter willing to marry the father of the child? Does he have a criminal history? How long has he been in the United States? The number of variables in a case like this are nearly impossible to answer without an in depth interview or phone conversation. please call me at my office and we can discuss the matter.

Best Reagrds,

Brian C. Casterline


Read more
Answered on 5/01/07, 4:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan