Legal Question in Traffic Law in Michigan

I'm from MI and I was involved in a car accident. The other party was at fault for failing to stop. I don't have collision coverage through my insurance (AAA) and I called the other party's insurance and was told that they don't pay for any of my damages because MI is a no-fault state. What are my options? I had an estimate on the damages and it's approx $5,500.

Asked on 12/21/15, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center

You can still recover $500 by suing the owner in district court, otherwise you're out of luck.

Read more
Answered on 12/21/15, 8:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Michigan