Legal Question in Veterans Law in Michigan

My youngest sister relocated my father's remains to Texas without notifying me and my siblings. My father was a veteran and was not married. There was no power of attorney. He was interred at Fort Mitchell in Alabama and relocated to Texas. I found out today that my sister did this over ten years ago and we had no knowledge of it until today. We are extremely upset over this. His funeral was paid by the veterans administration and his relocation was also paid by the veterans administration. She never told them about his other children and just decided to do this on her on without informing us of her decision to do so. Do we have any legal recourse?

Asked on 6/17/18, 4:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Rizzo Up North Elder Law, PLC

While your sister's actions were morally wrong, I do not feel you have any legal recourse that would have a legitimate chance to obtain any relief.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/18, 7:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Veterans Law questions and answers in Michigan