Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

my mother died in Jan.2019 and had a living trust with her house and property in it. My brother is trustee. He quit claim deeded the house and property to himself in May for arms length. In September he sold the property to my younger brother and still has not divided the money from it or her bank accounts. She had no debt. I found this information out by my own investigation. He still has not said a word. I live in Michigan. What can I do?

Asked on 1/10/20, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Don Rosenberg Barron, Rosenberg, Mayoras & Mayoras, P. C.

Seriously, you need to hire an attorney that is an expert in trust litigation. Your brother breach his fiduciary duty. It is called self-dealing. A trustee is responsible to be impartial and is responsible to follow the terms of the trust. The trustee is required to provide a inventory of assets within a few months of them acting as trustee, provide a final accounting of assets and in between keep the beneficiaries reasonably informed. Our office, specifically my partners Andrew Mayoras and Jon Colman specialize in this area. For more info see

Read more
Answered on 1/10/20, 11:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan