Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

If charged with failure to self surrender to federal prison can you still go to minimum security

Asked on 3/30/18, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Perhaps, but without knowing anything more no one can say.

Nothing is set in stone. Quite often individuals ask in this forum (and similar online forums): how much jail/prison time am I going to do for my crime or other penalties? Frankly, we have no idea. It depends on many factors. (e.g. criminal record, legal representation, place where incident occurred, judge, defenses, prosecutor, defendant's conduct and appearance during proceedings, among other things.) The maximum penalties may be obtained in this forum, but that's about it. For best results an attorney needs to be retained to protect the defendant's interest.

Bad idea (and worst outcome): Defendant represents himself/herself.

Better idea (and better outcome): Defendant obtains and properly utilizes services of public defender.

Best idea (and best outcome): Defendant retains services of experienced private attorney.

Check with a lawyer for a legal opinion based on all the facts.

Robert D. Kane, Jr. Esq.

Licensed in CALIFORNIA (based in City of Orange, Orange County;) and

MINNESOTA (based in Eagan, Dakota County.)

State and Federal Courts

This question is posted quite often.

Read more
Answered on 4/05/18, 11:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota