Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I'm on felony probation in MN for drug possession. I wanted to get it transferred to Wisconsin, but when they showed up to inspect where I was going to move to, I was there and my PO said that was the last straw and I can't step foot there again. Well my boyfriend was being screamed at and threatened by his crazy roommate and I went to save him because I couldn't just let him sit there and take it and when I got there she called the cops to get me in trouble because she wasnt taking her meds and now I just want to know if my PO will find out. It wasn't anything more than a disturbance, the cop said. I'm really scared I just wanted to help my boyfriend and now I'm in this mess.

Asked on 11/30/16, 7:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. If I read this correctly, you have now knowingly violated your probation in at least two ways and wonder if you'll be 'found out'. As to the totality of your post, I suggest to you that you are a person who very much needs help right now. One dimension of the help you need is qualified att'y help. I urge you to choose one of us who has special expertise and training and knowledge as to drug issues and chem' dep' and mental illness - an att'y who is involved in 12 Step and, or other recovery programs would be wise IMO - and let her help you at this time. My sense is that you are in the process of positive change right now but not seeing it for yourself because you're right in the middle of it.

Do beware 'free advice'.

Read more
Answered on 12/01/16, 4:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota