Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

In November of 2011 I was convicted of a felony with a stay of imposition with 5 years probation. After completing probation in August 2016 it was supposed to be deemed a misdemeanor. It has not been dropped down yet. And is making it very difficult to get a job. What can I do?

Asked on 2/28/17, 2:45 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Rory Durkin Giancola-Durkin Criminal Defense

Contact court admin and make sure they have it entered properly. It should show misd. dispo. after successful completion of probation.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/17, 2:48 pm
Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

Call the court. Make sure they have processed the stay of imposition now that you have been discharged successfully from probation. The court should also notify the BCA of that development. If nothing works, have a lawyer help you.

Read more
Answered on 2/28/17, 3:53 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I suggest you simply phone crim' court admin' of the appropriate county. Contact an att'y, I urge, if you cannot handle the issue on your own. Best to you in your new life and SO WONDERFUL that you've obviously done a huge 180 with your life !! You sound like you are now a model citizen and this world needs such people !!

Read more
Answered on 3/01/17, 5:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota