Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

My son was arrested for taking money from his employer. Roughly 1000 dollars. He was arrested tonight. Being that it is Friday they are keeping him until he can see a judge on Monday or Tuesday. We are not allowed to see or talk to him. I'm not sure what the steps are that we need to take. We don't have money for a lawyer. Just not sure what we do.

Asked on 2/10/17, 7:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

If he has no job, he should qualify for public defender representation. Main thing for a parent in this situation is to wait it out, patiently. And, do not discuss anything about what happened or the case by phone while he's in jail. Why? Those calls are recorded and given to the prosecutor for use as evidence.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/17, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota