Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

My son got a minor consumption ticket he is 17, he was not driving. Will he have to wait til 21 to get his license?

Asked on 10/22/17, 4:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

A person under the age of 21 who consumes alcohol can be charged with Minor Consumption under Minnesota Statute 340A.503 (1)(a)(2). The penalty for this offense can be found under Minnesota Statute 340A.703, which deems this offense to be one in the category of Misdemeanor level crimes. A Misdemeanor is a crime which is punishable by up to 90 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine. When a probationary time is ordered, often a multitude of additional ancillary terms and conditions are included (as a part of the entire order).

Read more
Answered on 10/22/17, 9:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota