Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

I have a warrant for missing a court date. I need some advice bad

Asked on 12/12/16, 6:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

You need a lawyer, not advice.

If you missed a court date, your lawyer can speak with the prosecutor and seek to quash the warrant pending a new date, The prosecutor is more likely to do so if the defendant has taking the time and effort to retain counsel. That generally means they will show up.

If the date cannot be reset, you will have to appear on the warrant and your attorney may be able to have the case called quickly in court to minimize the amount of time in jail.

For a consultation call 612-240-8005

Read more
Answered on 12/13/16, 4:50 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. Prior post contains multiple incorrect and inappropriate and misleading statements and should be discounted.

Attorneys here are to provide general info' not solicit clients. Attorneys are subject to licensing rules of conduct, MN Rules of Prof'l Conduct.

I urge you make a few phone calls to reputable attorneys and choose one to provide you with detailed legal counsel re. your personal situation. If you were to approach me, for instance, I am confident I would be providing you with very detailed guidance and assistance. Definitely beware so-called 'free advice'.

Read more
Answered on 12/13/16, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota