Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

My roommate and I were both sound asleep in our dorm room and the cops came in and woke us up to give us minors. Is that even legal?

Asked on 5/12/15, 6:24 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on the particulars. Generally, law enforcement can't just barge into a residence for no reason. Feel free to give me a call to discuss.

(651) 994-6744

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/12/15, 7:40 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

The answer is 'it depends'. Attorneys are not to solicit clients herein. I suggest you contact an experienced and reputable attorney at this time and she can provide you with detailed legal advice in light of the full facts.

Tricia Dwyer Esq.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

ph 612-296-9666

Minnesota Criminal Law Attorneys

Minnesota Juvenile Law Attorneys

7 days - 6 AM - 5 PM

Read more
Answered on 5/12/15, 10:49 am
Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense

Police would need a lawful reason to enter. No information is provided here about that. You may like to call me or another criminal defense lawyer for a dialogue over the phone.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/15, 1:09 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota