Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Minnesota

foreclosure fraud?

I'm not sure what catagory this falls under but,

my son was buying a house from a ''friend'' that was in foreclosure,he was told that if he paid the amount that was needed to get it out of foreclosure and made payments for three mos.he could then take over the mortage,he foolishly made the check out to the ''friend'', the mortage company said it wasn't enough the friend said he'd chip in the additional amount but he didn't and ended up keeping the down payment,my son was evicted and the house was sold at public auction, the friend refuses to refund the money, every lawyer he has spoken to said they had a winning case (they have all the signed paperwork) but need a retainer, all his money went into the house, legal assistance will only help if they can get 2 lawyers to say they won't take it on ''you get paid we get paid basis'' nobody wants to do the paperwork to say this, what can they do? what would be their next step? I know I left out a lot of the details but these are the main points

Asked on 8/16/06, 12:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC

Re: foreclosure fraud?

Call or e-mail to set up meeting. I would need to see documentation and obtain more details to advise.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/06, 1:20 pm
David Hellmuth Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC

Re: foreclosure fraud?

You could have you son sue in conciliation court. The maximum claim amount is $7,500.00. He can get forms from the county. Our firm could represent him but we would require a $2,500.00 retainer.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/06, 2:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Minnesota