Legal Question in Insurance Law in Minnesota

I was struck on the passenger side of the vehicle I was driving on Sunday. the roads are icy. I was struck at something like 10 mph. The other driver and I got out and exchanged information. We did not call the police. He is uninsured. He would like to settle things outside of the insurance company. I'm inclined to agree. I believe my premiums would only go up and I'd have to pay a deductible for the damages he caused.

My question is if I report the accident to my insurance will he automatically be reported to the authorities and face criminal charges, etc.?

Asked on 2/24/14, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

I suggest you simply ask your question of your particular insurer.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/14, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Minnesota