Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

staph infection death

my mother had been fighting mrsa since early may,2007, the infection went into the blood and the spine. she passed away 3 weeks ago. She has contacted this in the hospital. My father has contacted an attorney. My question is since my father filed suit, can I, the daughter hire my own attorney for the same case?

Asked on 11/29/07, 10:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Re: staph infection death

Generally not. In this wrongful death medical malpractice case the attorney represents the heirs and next of kin of your mother. The attorney has just as great a duty to you as heir as the attorney has to your father. The attorney represents all of the heirs, not just your father.

I hope that I have helped, answered all of your questions, and that I have provided you with useful information. Please contact me if I have not answered all of your questions.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You and I have not entered into an attorney/client relationship. The only way that I am legally responsible for your legal rights is if you have signed a written retainer agreement with my law firm.

Read more
Answered on 11/29/07, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota