Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I sold a condo as contract for deed two years ago. Before I sold it, I lived in the unit. Part of the reason I moved out was because there was a neighbor, and association board member, that harassed me and made me very uncomfortable. Within a week of moving out, I filed for a Harassment Restraining Order against the neighbor. He was telling people he was going to follow me, that he wasn't going to let the contract for deed go through, that he was going to follow me to my new place, etc. My HRO expires in a few weeks, I am very concerned that he is going to start causing trouble for my tenant and I, which could obviously result in the tenant terminating the contract and cause financial distress for me. Are there any legal steps that I can take to ensure this doesn't happen? Thank you.

Asked on 2/09/15, 10:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

It appears you have a few issues. You yourself may request an extension of the HRO. As to you tenant/buyer, I urge you confer privately with an experienced attorney at this time and she can advise you in light of the full facts of your personal circumstances. Tricia Dwyer Esq Minnesota Real Estate Attorneys Minnesota Protective Order Attorneys phone 612-296-9666 365 til' 6 p.m. daily.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/15, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota