Legal Question in Traffic Law in Minnesota

I received a citation for driving without proof of insurance where I live in Hennepin county, MN. Met with a hearing officer who agreed to a continuance for dismissal which included fee`s and costs more substantial than the ticket. Fee`s paid the same day as agreement was signed. My understanding from the agreement, and meeting with hearing officer, is that by paying additional fee`s and cost this matter does not go on my record if no further offenses occur within a year. I see the payment had been processed and the CFD recorded yet my MN license has been revoked for the exact same offense by the department of public safety. The MN department of public safety claims I have to pay a fee and take the test after a 30 day revocation period. I would have entered a plea of not guilty and asked for a trial if the Court had included this stipulation in the agreement (CFD). Can I withdraw from this one year agreement and ask for a reinstatement and a trial or is there another action I should pursue?

Asked on 10/03/16, 6:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Samuel Edmunds Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC

This is probably a recordkeeping error. Have a lawyer help you sort it out. Feel free to give me a call to discuss. I could look up your case and figure out what happened. 651-994-6744

Read more
Answered on 10/03/16, 6:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Minnesota