Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

I filed for divorce in January 2015. We have been married to date for 21 years with 1 minor child. My divorce is contested because my soon to be ex wants full custody of our 12 year old son. Temporary visitations were put in place when he responded to my petition because he would no longer allow me to see our son. Those temporary orders were put in place in June of 2015, which seem to have now become permanent, because every time we have a date for court it is rescheduled. It's now February of 2016 and I finally got a date for mediation, which should have been 2/18. Well, I received an email from my attorney's office saying that the mediation had been cancelled and he would keep me updated. I responded to the email asking what other options we have because we have not been to mediation, trial or anything. I have not received a response back from spouse and I have been separated for over 3 years now and I am ready to move forward with things getting back to some kind of normalcy with the child and my life. I'm at my wits end here!!! What should I do?

Asked on 2/18/16, 9:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anders Ferrington Anders Ferrington PLLC

You have an attorney. Speak to him about this matter. I have ethical concerns about giving advice to a represented party

Read more
Answered on 2/18/16, 9:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi