Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

My now husband is not the biological father of my child but he is on the birth certificate and she has his last name although we weren't married until she was 11 months old. She recognizes him as daddy and he has take on full fatherly responsibility from the time I said I was pregnant. When she was five months old we did a paternity test and discovered he was not the biological father. The bio father knew nothing about her until recently and is now seeking rights. He is unemployed and seeking to take our daughter now almost 2, away from my husband and I. I just need to know what his chances of getting any sort of custody are?

Asked on 8/03/16, 12:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anders Ferrington Anders Ferrington PLLC

You have been served with a lawsuit for a custody change. This is very serious. The court will review what is in the best interest of the child with several factors. I strongly recommend you get counsel. I know myself and others offer free consultations

Read more
Answered on 8/03/16, 1:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi