Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

I have joint custody of my children with my ex having physical custody. He has denied me seeing my children, even when I showed up with the police, the officer said he was only able to ask that he release the kids to me, he couldnt make him. My question is, when he does decide to let the kids come back to my house and I dont release them to him, will the police make me give them back or simply ask me to give them back as they did to my ex?

Asked on 4/01/24, 10:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

If he has physical custody you should give them back and the police will most likely make you as he has physical custody. You should file an action for contempt if he is denying you visitation, keep note of each time and what exactly happened. I assume you have a visitation schedule that has been put in place by an order of the Court. If you do not, you need one. Speak to a lawyer that practices in the area of custody and visitation and contempt actions.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/24, 6:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi